Ask about our COVID-19 flexibility and availability commitments and video consults.

Wedding Officiant - Frequently Asked Questions and FREE QUOTE


What do you charge?

Wedding costs can be significant and I always try to keep my wedding officiant services affordable and available to all. When I offer a quote to a couple, I have to consider my time and travel. Travel costs can vary widely as I serve Central New England (and other locales by special arrangement.) I'm happy to conduct a rehearsal too, but that means more travel. Without any obligation, I am happy to provide a precise quote if you'll provide the wedding venue and indicate whether or not you want me to be present for a rehearsal. FREE QUOTE

Are you available on our date?

Most couples secure my services a year ahead, sometimes two years ahead. The best way to check a date is to submit a FREE, no-obligation quote. If I'm available on your date, I can hold it temporarily for you.  FREE QUOTE

Do you have reviews or testimonials from other couples?

We sure do! Since 2015 I've been contacted by couples through a site call Thumbtack. Folks I've met elsewhere have offered to write reviews as well. If you're on Facebook, I can put you in touch with plenty of couples who I've served. 

What about the Marriage License?

In Massachusetts a couple can apply for a license at any City or Town Hall, pay a fee (varies by Town/City) and in 3 business days the license will be issued. It will be valid for 60 days. 

The Officiant must view the license BEFORE conducting the ceremony (I like to receive it at the rehearsal, if possible.)

In Massachusetts there is no requirement for witnesses to sign the license. 

AFTER the ceremony, the Officiant will complete, sign, and mail the license back to the Town/City Hall where it was issued. The Town/City clerk will usually be able to provide (for a fee) a certified copy which can be used for changing names and other legal purposes. With mail time and processing time at City/Town Hall, it may take a week to 10 days before a certified copy can be obtained.

Other States have different requirements. For the current requirements, I suggest you contact the City/Town Clerk or visit the municipality's web site.

"Rev. Justice" What do people call you?

Friends call me 'TJ.' (I hope you will, too.) The titles Reverend and Justice may help couples understand that I am happy to create a meaningful, memorable ceremony for them - sacred or civil. 

"Reverend?" Are you a Minister?

Yes, I am a Minister, ordained in 2014 by American Marriage Ministries. In Massachusetts I am also commissioned by the Governor's Council to serve as a Justice of the Peace. I am completely comfortable officiating religious or non-religious ceremonies.